The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) received a three-year research grant for “Enhancing Capacity to Apply Research Evidence (CARE) in policy for youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities in Africa” funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
IITA is pleased to announce 30 research fellowships for 2019 under the framework of the CARE project. The fellowships are action-oriented and target young academics and professionals, and graduate students at the post-course work/research stage of their programs. The felowship program seeks to contribute to policy development on youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities in Africa.
▪ Awards for Research Grants are up to $10,000 (Proposals with a reasonable higher budget can also be selected depending on the quality of the research proposal).
▪ Grantees will be supervised by IITA’s socio-economics scientists in close collaboration with their national/university supervisors.
▪ Grantees will be offered training on research methodology, data management, and scientific writing.
▪ Grantees will be offered training on production of research evidence for policy-making.
To apply for the Research Fellowship, applicants must submit the following:
• Completed application form (download application form here).
• Copy of the passport or other statement of citizenship.
• Curriculum Vitae (CV), which includes work history and education. CVs should be no longer than two pages.
• Proof of registration at an accredited university for MSc and PhD programs (for students).
• Proof of employment at a research institute or university in Africa (for young academics and professionals).