Among the many juicy fruits Nigeria has been blessed with, Pineapple is among the most valuable fruits consumed around the world and Pineapple farming is just another Agric investment opportunity you might really need to start considering in 2018.
This fruit is rich in minerals and nutrients such as Vitamin A, B1, and B6, dietary fiber, folic acids, calcium, iron which helps in the healthy functioning of the immune system, boosts energy, enhance digestion e.t.c
Popular amongst the varieties of Pineapples cultivated in West Africa is the Red Spanish because of its high level of resistance to mealybug wilt disease and spineless leaves. Others include Queen Cultivar which is popular for its small size and sweetness and the Smooth Cayenne which is often bigger in size.
Although rarely talked about, Pineapple farming is highly lucrative here because it can be sold both for commercial purposes as in the production of fruit juice and domestic consumption.
In Nigeria, One whole pineapple is sold between N200-N400 depending on the size or when sliced, a piece can be sold for N50-N100 naira. If your pineapple farm produced 1000 good quality big pineapples, multiplied by N400 per fruit, that would be N400,000.
The success of any farm business depends a lot on the skills and knowledge of the farmer. Whether it involves working on the farm by yourself or hiring skilled pineapples farmers, knowledge is needed. Moreso, through diversification and thinking like an entrepreneur, you can achieve a much higher yield from your pineapple farm.
Let’s quit the gist and talk about how to make this money "sharp sharp" as a pineapple farmer. Keep an eye till the end!
Quick Ways To Make Money From Pineapple Farming
1. Sell Pineapples: The economic importance of this fruit is unbelievable. People consume this fruit a lot because of its sweet juicy taste and the nutritional value. Also, Many people who suffer from digestive health issues are mostly advised to eat pineapples as it stimulates healthy food passage so you bet you would never be out of business with it. To justify this, read the calculations highlighted above again.
2. Export Pineapples: You could also consider exporting your processed pineapples overseas. When it has been processed into various dry edible products, it can last up to 30 days on the shelf. The export potential of this fruit is enormous and highly valued especially in countries that grow fewer pineapples.
3. Sell Suckers: Pineapple farmers do not only make sales from selling pineapples alone. The suckers of pineapples can be sold to farmers intending to start up their own pineapple farms too.
4. Pineapple can be processed and made into pineapple juice which can be consumed immediately or kept inside a refrigerator to be taken later. This is another money making idea as very few people would frown at a glass or pack of fresh cold pineapple juice. It is also an addictive to detox water, cocktails and other mixed fruit juice since it contains natural sugars as well as dietary fiber. Actually, a majority of the fruit juices in the market are made from pineapple or contain pineapples.
Sell Extracts To Livestock Farmers: After extracting the juice from pineapples, the solid waste can be dried and used as the concentrate for animal feeds.
6. Other ways you can process pineapples for sale includes:
* Fruit jam
* Bromelain (an enzyme found in pineapple juice or on the stem used as medicine after surgery or injury)
* Pineapple Candy
* Dried fruit snacks
Pineapple is also a great supplement for sexual activities. It is said to boost up the bodily fluids taste and emit an attractive scent when taken hours before the action begins.. *winks*.. With creativity and packaging, you can sell this.
This aspect of Agric business is one that is yet to be fully harnessed but one of the most lucrative around the world.
Have you ever invested in pineapple farming before?
What has been your experience?
Do you presently have a pineapple farm?
Let’s talk about this.